One of the biggest struggles in life is managing your time and making time for those things that you love, (or sometimes that you’ve been avoiding.) As a full-time working wife and mother of a rambunctious two year old, I know all too well the struggle of finding the time and the energy to make certain things a priority in my life, especially exercising and eating healthy. Prepared Nutrition has given me the push I needed to fully commit to the healthy lifestyle change I had to make in order to reach my goals and succeed in my upcoming pageant. Here are 5 ways you can fit being healthy into your daily routine:
5. Wake up early! Sleeping in or waiting until the last minute to wake up makes you lose valuable time that you could have used to get some exercise in before heading to school/work or to eat breakfast which is one of the most common meals that people skip.
4. Don’t overwhelm yourself. Simply jogging or doing some sort of exercise for 20-30 mins in the morning is a great way to start and it will provide you with a much needed energy boost.
3. Do light exercise in your chair at work or take a walk around the building during one of your breaks. By the end of the week those few minutes will add up to one or more hours of exercise.
2. Bring your aerobic wear with you to work/school if you plan on going to the gym afterwards. It will save you time having to go back home to change and will further keep you from making an excuse or changing your mind about working out.
1. Meal prepping is the latest craze when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. Instead of sweating in that kitchen, let Prepared Nutrition provide you with delicious, freshly prepared meals and save you even more time by cutting your cooking time completely out of your schedule (and who wouldn’t love that?!) Allow them to deliver straight to your door for even more convenience.
Enjoy meals like the ones I tasted this past week: Beef Ragu & Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Basil Chile Chicken Stir-Fry, Turkey Chili with Sweet Potato, Sriracha Glazed Salmon & Edamame, Lemon Pepper Chicken with Asparagus, and Pork Carnitas and Veggies (YUM!!).
I hope you can use some of these tips as we head into February to help make your journey a little easier towards reaching your healthy goals. Just making these small little adjustments has made a huge impact in reducing stress and making my healthier lifestyle changes more enjoyable and most importantly I’m seeing great results towards my perfect pageant swimsuit body. See you next week!
Mrs. Shreveport 2015
Check out preparednutrition.com for next week’s menu.
Follow @preparednutrition on Instagram and Like their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PreparedNutrition/